Welcome

The life, creations and adventures of a history student.

Thursday 15 December 2011

Desiring to Sew

I dislike that University offers so little time to do much else besides study (although friends and facebook and tv can be a distraction, bad Kesia).  I really want to sew right now, but I have to study and pack because I have finals and I move tomorrow.  I also don't have my sewing machine or any fabric here, so that kind of stops me too.

So here are a couple of pictures I have found for inspiration when I do happen to have the time to create:

I have been in love with this Worth dress forever.



This said it was from 1910 - Something like this would be wonderful for work.





I have been having a mild obsession with peacocks recently - and then I found this!
So lovely.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! The pictures are beautiful. They don't make clothing like that anymore. That kind of artistry and quality is a thing of the past. I own a dress from around 1900 and I'm always amazed when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is so interesting to see the difference in quality between now and then.

      Delete