Welcome

The life, creations and adventures of a history student.

Sunday 22 January 2012

A Creating Spree


So, I did not get to create a fantastic Edwardian gown over the holidays, there will be time for that in the spring.  Instead I made a few small projects.

I made some fun earrings, and a cozy head band, using some of my favourite colours.  

I bought some peacock feathers and gave a go at creating my own earrings. 
I added some lovely peacock coloured crystals.

I also crocheted a headband for the mildly cold winter days.

I added a "flower" and buttons to make it more fun.

The pattern for my dress.
I spent this past weekend in creative bliss... first with cookies and wafers, and then finally sewing together my 1950's style dress Saturday afternoon.  It is a bit large, but I can fix that later; I am super excited to have finally finished it!  It can be worn jumper style or not, and looks casual with my knee high boots and dressy with my heels.  Versatile and very cute.
The Finished Product. 

1 comment:

  1. If you ever find yourself bored....I think I'm a dress size 6!

    ReplyDelete